"Wish I Could Tell You - By Durjoy Datta" - A not so simple love story

Wish I Could Tell You - By Durjoy Datta

I finished this book about a week and a half ago and thought this time I will make sure I write the Book review. I think so every time for every book I read, but it just doesn't happen. Finally, this lockdown owing to the COVID pandemic made me pick up my books from my mini home library to read and divert my mind. Otherwise, I was becoming a workaholic, though always have been, but with WFH scenario there was no full stop. Plus my phone broke, so no online video watching, which saved me the time and energy to read books. It is true, that there is a silver lining even in the darkest moments of life, though we are safe at home and this would not be the darkest moment, considering what many people are going through. But overall, for the humankind, this pandemic is one of the darkest moments.

While I decided to make sure, I finish this my thoughts on this book today, I finished another book and started the third one. Well, lets not waste any more time and get on with it.

This is my first book of this author. Though I do not read many Indian authors, but lately I have started doing so, some kind of loyalty for the nation, I believe. This is my contribution to the Indian writers, boosting more to choose this as a profession and see success.

Well, let me tell you about Durjoy a bit. He is a young writer, wrote his first book when he was 21 and has about another 16 books to his credit. He has also written for TV series (Got to know this from his introduction on the book). I have not seen any TV series of his yet, will try to find one. He is one of the highest best selling authors of the country.

Coming to the book, there are different characters in the book and the chapters revolve around each character, sharing the story as that character is the author or in their purview, shifting from one view of the story to another yet continuing the story forward. You might find it a bit unconnected in the beginning, but stay tuned and be patient, they all come together to make a beautiful story. In the starting, you do not feel the connect but actually only by when you reach somewhere in the middle you realise the stories are sequential and not running in parallel. Though it is depressing at times with the description of the key characters lying in the coma and the loved ones around them helpless but be patient with the story and the ending will leave you all positive about the whole story.

It's miraculous how love for someone can transform a person and that's what this novel is all about. When a person who cares less about the world, falls in love with someone and does everything possible even risks her life to bring that person back to life and save that person from all harms. You start connecting the dots in the latter part of the book when all the previous chapters and descriptions come together to make a big picture and all the puzzle pieces start filling in. Saying I love you in as many words, just feelings to let them describe is the most beautiful depiction of this book. And this beautiful climax of I love you is reserved for the last chapter of the book. Oops, did I give out the suspense? But not really, you kind of know this in your gut and you are sure this is what will happen in the end, ultimately we as humans are always hungry for positive endings.

Though a bit depressing as I said earlier, but its a good read if you like romance with a bit of drama as the genre.

Comments

Popular Posts